Pittsburgh Comicon News!
We were in talks with them since last year and it has been made official that we are going to be in attendance all weekend for this years 2013 Pittsburgh Comicon September 27th-29th!
We are going to be in a two booth area with our 21ft tall inflatable Stay Puft Marshmallow Man with the possibility of having a smaller inflatable Slimer for kids to stand next to for photos. We will have two tables which will features a collection of Ghostbusters equipment, slime specimens, a video screen featuring both movies and the cartoon plus we will have our groups banner and tons of extra stuff to check out.
We will also have our photographer J Weiss Photography in attendance all weekend for photos plus fliers and information for our sponsors.
On top of all this great news we are proud to say that we, as always, will not be charging for photos which means you can come to our booth, hang out and take a ton of photos!
**Looks like the Zombie Walk will be a part of this years Pittsburgh Comicon so not only will you see us all weekend but on Sunday we’ll be surrounded by zombies!**
Pittsburgh Comicon Website: http://www.pittsburghcomicon.com/
We will be once again attending the Pittsburgh St. Patrick’s Day parade on March 16th at 10am. We love having the parade be our kick start to our 2013 appearances and what a great way to start. Tons of people come out and enjoy this festivity and pack the streets of Pittsburgh. From homes to vehicles, from sidewalks to parking garages, there are always a plethora of joyful fans out and in high spirits, maybe due to the Irish coffees, but never the less we love every minute of it. Of course as every year we will be sticking around the city afterwards for photo opportunities and to meet anyone interested in seeing us. Please make sure to check out the parade and check out the parades Facebook page listed below.
We were recently contacted about doing an article with online magazine, Hollyburgh, which is the latest online magazine made from all the latest boom in Hollywood coming into the city of Pittsburgh. We of course have no big news to bring you on the SCGB being in a movie but we do have an amazing article for you all to read. Please check it out and come over to our Facebook page to let us know what you think of this amazing article.
For those of you that missed the WTAE-TV Pittsburgh feature at 6pm on The Pittsburgh Ecto-1 and owner Robert Shapiro then here it is in all its glory. Not only is the full feature there but some more information that didn’t make air, as well as, a link to this website. Thanks goes to Rob for putting the word out there and, of course, Channel 4 for covering our story.
We previously partnered with New Dimension Comics for our first “Fill The Ecto For The Food Bank” & we had decent success. This Sunday July 15th we plan to do it once again and make our donation to the food bank even greater.
We will feature our 25ft Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and of course our partner The Pittsburgh Ecto-1. This event will take place at the Pittsburgh Mills Mall outside Entrance 2 and we will be there from 12 noon until 3pm. We will be taking food donations only (no monetary donations please) so please bring any non-perishable items.
Please spread the word, invite your friends and share this event on Facebook. See you all Sunday at the Pittsburgh Mills for Fill The Ecto 2!
OUR FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/events/342219165852277/
In the interest of giving everyone a better glimpse into the members of our group, rather than holding out for the “Featured Members” articles every two months, we’ve elected to post up everybody’s bios!
We’ll still do a featured member spotlight where we post these bios to the front page.
Get reading by mousing over the “Our Team” tab at the top of the page!
We have started working on our 2012 Events Calendar located on the “Upcoming Events” tab where you can simply click and find out where we will be next. Please make sure to find us and of course follow us on Twitter and “Like” us on facebook by clicking the links at the bottom of our page (center). See you all soon.
It’s been awhile, but we’ve finally got another edition of our featured member spot. This time it is none other than Steve Curtin. This classy gentleman has been a member of the Steel City Ghostbusters since 2010. Read on to see what Steve is all about…
Let’s start this off by having you tell us about who you are.
First, I can claim to be the oldest member of the Steel City Ghostbusters. I saw the first film twice during it’s original release. You could call me a truly screen-age-accurate Ghostbuster. Read more…
Miss us? You know you did.
Our sincerest apologies for the lack of updates on the site. We’ve been positively swamped since our last posting. Our schedule from September on wards tends to get very wacky with our Halloween events, the Hayride, our own Halloween plans plus November and December keep us all busy with friends and family during the holidays.
If you’ve emailed us in this hectic time span, don’t fret, we have not forgotten about you! Our inbox has been backed up since the beginning of October, and we’re slowly combing through it. We hadn’t anticipated the volume of inquiries we received and will be implementing some changes to keep in better contact during this busy time next year. In all the hustle and bustle we’ve also neglected the featured member section. Fear not, you’ll be in for a double dose very soon!
With all of that out of the way, we’d like to take a moment to recap some of the events we have done this year.
- Butler Comic-Con – A nice little comic con held at the Butler Mall
- Pittsburgh St. Patty’s Parade – Probably the highest profile event we have ever done in our area, and our first parade. Hopefully we can have a repeat performance this year!
- Boston St. Patty’s Parade – We sent a few of our members up to participate in what was essentially a big meet up for franchises in the North East. We would describe this as “Legendary”
- Pittsburgh Comic-Con – An annual favorite. We’re already sketching out some plans for 2012.
- New Dimension Comics Grand Opening – We love us some comics, so we were quite pleased to help make this Grand Opening a good one.
- Birthday Party – We finally made our first appearance (free of charge) at a fan’s birthday party. Very happy to have made that little fellows birthday a special one!
- Otakon – Another out of town event that a few of our members attended, and they had a lovely time.
- Steel City Con – Another regular appearance for us.
- Faded 80′s Party – The number of people who were confused about a giant Stay Puft in the Southside was astounding.
- Sewickley Harvest Fest – An annual Fall favorite, in which we hope to make a repeat appearance!
- Faded Fest – Another Southside experience, seeing Ghostbusters downtown was quite a hit with the Pittsburgh nightlife.
- Zombie Walk – Seriously, the Ghostbusters blew up a Marshmallow man with their proton packs, why is it so hard to believe they could kill some zombies?
- AMC Loews GB Screenings – We were pleasantly surprised to see our favorite movie get re-released on the big screen!
- Haunted Hills Hayride – Our annual Haunt. Pun intended.
- Stuff – A – Bus – Typically our last event of the year, and one of the most rewarding.
As you can see, we’ve been pretty busy this year. Hopefully 2012 treats us just as well as 2011 did. We’d like to give a huge shout out to everyone who had us come out to their events, and most of all a big shout out to all the fans. Thanks for all of your support and appreciation of our work, we genuinely enjoy meeting everyone at events and having a friendly chat is one of the perks of what we do.
Happy Holidays to you and yours from all of us at the Steel City Ghostbusters. We look forward to seeing you in the coming year!
This weekend, Saturday the 10th we’ll be at the Sewickley Harvest Fest with our good buddy Dave Bishop, owner of Big Bang Comics.
Stop on by and check out the comics and various other comic related items for sale at the shop! While you’re there come check out all of the interesting booths throughout the festival. Oh, and did we mention that you’ll have another chance to come check out our gigantic Mr. Stay Puft!